"I am one with the force, the force is with me." ~ Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Sunday 20 April 2014

Wondercon movie previews speculation

Article by Gabe Zia
So this weekend, I've been in Anaheim for Wondercon. Incase you don't know what that is, it's basically comic con. And while I've been there, I haven't forgotten about you guys. So today, I went to a ton of panels for upcoming films, and now I'm going to talk about what I thought of them.

Godzilla
This is a movie I've been excited for all year, I was a huge fan of the movie Monsters, so I was very optimistic about this film. And I was very impressed by what I saw today, from the director Gareth Edwards having some really cool information about the film, to an awesome clip from the movie. I'm still definitely enthusiastic about this film, and I seriously hope it lives up to the hype.

X-Men: Days of Future Past
This is another movie I've had high hopes for, and even though I don't read comics, I've still been a fan of Bryan Singers X-Men films. The opening clip they showed us looks very promising, it looks like they're taking the films in a very interesting direction, and with an even bigger cast, I'm certainly excited.

Lucy
I've always been a huge fan of Luc Besson, I've always felt he makes great action films with cool visuals and good dramatic moments. This movie looks like his big thing film, with elements of Léon, The Fifth Element, and La Femme Nikita all very present.

Deliver Us From Evil
I'm not always into horror, I certainly wasn't a huge fan of Sinister, so I wasn't hugely interested when I saw another trailer for a horror film with the label "based on true accounts" on it. However, I've changed my opinion, as apparently the accounts have a fair bit of legitimacy and grounding in fact in them. It still looks like they've added a lot of horror elements for... you know, horror elements, but this may be a great horror film.

How to Train Your Dragon 2
When the first How to Train Your Dragon came out, I was in love with it. It had amazing visuals, outstanding characters, a great soundtrack, a great cast, and a downright wonderful story. So, when a sequel was announced, I was worried. Most animated sequels seem very forced, and just to make money. However, much like Kung Fu Panda 2, this seems like they're going in the right direction with this and making it work.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Once again, this is another one I've been looking forward to for a while now, and I'm glad I went to this panel. There was a new trailer, and an awesome (and kind of funny) clip shown here, and most of the cast showed up. (Yes, Gary Oldman did show up, and it was awesome.)

The Maze Runner
This one I've been less excited for, I didn't watch the trailer until I went to this panel, & knew almost nothing about it. The only things I knew about it were from a friend who tried to explain it to me, but I wasn't convinced it's not just another young adult dystopian world movie-thing. And I'm still skeptical, but I'll at the very least give it a chance now.

Secret Service

(no poster)

This is a movie that I knew nothing about, I didn't even know it existed until this panel. But, all the things I saw at this panel have made this one of my most anticipated films of whenever the hell it comes out. From the fact that Matthew Vaughn is directing it, too the fight sequence clip that was shown, to Colin Firth in an action role, sign me right the hell up!

Edge of Tommorow
Since the trailer for this movie was released, I have been very skeptical about it. On the one hand, it could be an interesting and very well done science fiction clip. But, it could also become a trashy action flick with nothing to go for it. Thankfully, this panel made me more optimistic about it, so I'm looking forward to it.

Into the Storm
This is another film I knew (and still kinda know) nothing about. I knew it was a disaster film, and that's about it. From the trailer and clip, it looks like it's grittier and more engaging than the common disaster film, but at the same time it looks like a bunch of exaggerated tornadoes. I don't know, maybe this film will surprise me, but I'm still very much on the fence about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment