"I am one with the force, the force is with me." ~ Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Sunday 18 May 2014

Best & Worst of Hugh Jackman

Article by Gabe Zia
Man, May 2014 just doesn't stop with the blockbusters. I mean first we got Amazing Spider Man 2, then Neighbors, then Godzilla. Next weekend however, is a movie I've been looking forward to just as much as I was for Godzilla, and that Film is X-Men: Days of Future Past.
This film stars a whole bunch of people, which means a lot of options. But, I'm going with the star of the film (and pretty much the whole series), Hugh Jackman.
For the best, I've decided to keep this mostly not X-Men related films (seeing as how you can probably guess which one is my pick for worst. So, for best, I'm going to go with what I probably would've gone with anyway. Christopher Nolans criminally underrated film, The Prestige.
A lot of people love Inception, and with good reason. And though Memento will always be - to me anyway - his best film, this comes very close. It's got all the makings that made Inception great. An outstanding cast, a mind bending plot, a great script, and a very intriguing plot. I think he's fairly overshadowed by Christian Bales performance, but I think Hugh Jackman shows an immense amount of acting here.

For worst, I think we all know what's coming. The films that needs no introduction (or rather doesn't deserve one)- X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
Like with last weeks pick for worst, this movie just sucks. Comic book fan or not, it disappoints, and insults. To people who don't read comic books, it's tasteless and a total cash grab, with nothing to qualify it as a movie, let alone an entry into an awesome franchise such as this one. To people who do read comic books, it's an inaccurate, and poorly adapted film. This isn't really Hugh Jackmans fault, I still think the dude works as Wolverine in pretty much anything he plays Wolverine in. But, this film is still absolutely terrible by pretty much all accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment