"I am one with the force, the force is with me." ~ Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Sunday 15 June 2014

Best & Worst of Guy Pearce

Article by Gabe Zia
So ever since early 2014, there have been a few movies I've been looking forward to above all the others. Godzilla, Interstellar, and this weekends The Rover. I'm a huge fan of post-apocalyptic films, and this film certainly looks like one I'll definitely enjoy. The film has a relatively small cast of people, the only two actors that stand out are Guy Pearce and Robert Pattinson. Of the two, Guy Pearce is one of my favourite actors, so I'll talk about him.
Guy Pearce in The Rover
The dude has had an outstanding career with films like L.A. Confidential, The Road, and Animal Kingdom. However, the film I'm going to pick was the first film I saw him in, from one of my favourite directors Christopher Nolan, Memento.
Guy Pearce in memento
Memento is an incredibly smart and intriguing film. If you haven't seen it, or haven't heard of it, it's about a man named Leonard, who suffers from a memory problem in which he can't create new memories. While that could make for a cool movie on its own, Nolan decided to take it the next level, by showing the individual scenes in reverse order. In other words, the film starts where the plot ends, and ends where the plot begins. Both Guy Pearce and Carrie Ann Moss are fantastic in the film, portraying unique and very cool characters.

For worst, there aren't a lot. By not a lot, I mean there isn't really a film I've seen him in that I thought was completely terrible. Until I saw Lockout.
Guy Pearce in Lockout
This was one of the worst films of 2012, having countless major issues. From its lackluster plot, to its hammy acting, to the stupid gimmicky plot, to the special effects look like they're from a video game, to the horrible dialogue, and the list goes on and on. And I even like guilty pleasure B-Movies, like Snakes on a Plane or Flash Gordon. But this movie manages to actually go beyond guilty pleasure bad, and that's why it's my pick for Guy Pearce's worst. Also, really, it's not like he's done an overabundance of bad films.

No comments:

Post a Comment