"I am one with the force, the force is with me." ~ Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Saturday 1 November 2014

November 2014 Watchlist

Article by Gabe Zia
It's the last day of October, November is right around the corner. So, I'm going to talk about some of the films coming out this month. Although November doesn't have a whole lot of releases this year, most of the releases I am very much looking forward to seeing.

November 7th

Interstellar
Directed by Christopher Nolan
Stars Matthew Mcconaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, & Michale Caine
From the start of the year, this has been my most anticipated movie of the year. It seems to me that anything Christopher Nolan does has been incredible so-far. I'm not even sure if this guy is capable of making a bad movie. And from what Interstellar looks like, I'm guessing this might just be his best film yet.

November 14th

Foxcatcher
Directed by Bennett Miller
Stars Channing Tatum, Steve Carell, Mark Ruffallo, & Sienna Miller
Believe it or not, that's Steve Carell.
Yet another film I've been excited for throughout the entire year, mainly for the two leads. Channing Tatum looks like he's giving the best performance in his career, but more importantly, I can already tell Steve Carrell will be nominated for an oscar for this movie. I say that having not even seen the movie, I just know beyond a shadow of a doubt he's gonna be nominated.

November 21st

The Imitation Game
Directed by Morten Tyldum
Stars Benedict Cumberbatch, Keira Knightley, Mark Strong, & Rory Kinnear
It's official, November is probably the best month this year for movies. The Imitation Game being a film I have also been waiting to see for a while, because it's a really interesting story that I think deserves to be told. I'm also glad that it hasn't been changed for whatever dumb reason hollywood could conjure up to change it.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay pt. 1
Directed by Francis Lawrence
Stars Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, & Woody Harrellson
The first hunger games movie was less than awesome, however, I personally really liked Catching Fire, and I'm glad to see Francis Lawrence is returning to direct this one. It's a little annoying that they've cut the last book in half, seeing as how it's really not in any way necessary, but I'm sure the film will be fine.

November 28th

Before I Disappear
Directed by Shawn Christensen
Stars Shawn Christensen, Fatima Ptacek, Emmy Rossum, Ron Perlman, & Paul Wesley
I know very little about this film, in fact, until today, I had never heard of it. However, based on the trailer, I think the film looks pretty good. I like movies that have a blend of well written and dialogue based comedy, as well as good dramatic elements as well, and this film looks like it has exactly that. There's also the fact that the short film this movie is based on won the oscar for best short film, which is pretty interesting.

My favourite film of October 2014: Nightcrawler
Directed by Dan Gilroy
Stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Riz Ahmed, Rene Russo, Bill Paxton
Nightcrawler is easily one of the best films of the year. This film features slick and stylish visuals, great cinematography, an engaging plot, and a great soundtrack. The dialogue in the film is outstanding, being an uncommon blend of both neo-noir style dialogue, and realistic dialogue. Fans of Drive will love this film, fans of the neo-noir genre in general will love this film, and as a fan of both of those, I loved this film. Also, Jake Gyllenhaal needs an oscar nomination for this movie, he gives an absolutely fantastic performance here, one I won't soon forget.

My review of Nightcrawler

No comments:

Post a Comment