"I am one with the force, the force is with me." ~ Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Sunday 10 August 2014

Best & Worst of Jeff Bridges

Article by Gabe Zia
It's been kind of slow week recently, I haven't posted much for bit. However, there's a few movies coming out next week, such as The Giver, based on the massive success book of the same name. Despite it's popularity, I seem to be the only one I know who hasn't read it,  which is also why I'm the only one not complaining about the movie being apparently very different from the book. The film stars Brenton Thwaites, Alexander Skarsgard, Meryl Streep, and Jeff Bridges in the title role.
The guy has had a great career, with a lot of hit films such as Tron and… you know, I was gonna draw out this little bit where I talk about his career leading up to his best film, but we all know I'm gonna pick The Big Lebowski.
The Big Lebowski is one of those films that has it all. It's unique and stands out, but it's also fairly down to Earth. It's got amazing writing, great characters, memorable moments, it's super quotable, and it's a surprisingly deep movie for a film about a guy who's name is "dude". Although Fargo will always be my favourite Coen brothers film, that doesn't in any way draw away from how great The Big Lebowski is.


His worse was sort of tough. Not the picking of the worse film itself, but finding other films that are that nearly as bad. Sure, Tron Legacy wasn't that good, and K-Pax could've been better, neither of these are R.I.P.D.
This is one of those films that needs to be seen to beleived. It manages to both rip off a great movie (Men in Black), but have absolutely none of what makes Men in Black good. Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges have no chemsitry, and are pretty terrible in the film. The cgi in the film looks like stuff out of a rejected cgi team from the 2003 Hulk movie. The story is lame, poorly written, and total garbage. Yeah, I kind of went easy on some of the other "worst films", but here, this film is completely awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment