"I am one with the force, the force is with me." ~ Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Monday 15 September 2014

Best & Worst of Rosamund Pike

Article by Gabe Zia
So, I have to play catchup a little bit this week. I've been feeling a little crappy recently, so going to see The Drop wasn't really an option. I will review it (eventually), but for now let's look at next weeks films. For me, a film I've wanted to see a while now is Hector and the Search for Happiness, starring Simon Pegg, Rosamund Pike, Stellan Skarsgard, Toni Collett, and Christopher Plummer. Now, I was originally going to go for Simon Pegg here, but seeing as I couldn't think of a worse for him, I'll go with Rosamund Pike.
Rosamund Pike in Hector and the Search for Happiness
Best isn't really a difficult question, as I haven't seen her in nearly enough films for this to be a difficult choice, so I'm gonna go with the final film in the Cornetto Trilogy, The Worlds End.
The Cornetto Trilogy has got to be one of my favorite trilogies of all time, and while The Worlds End isn't the best (Shaun of the Dead, for obvious reasons), I still really like this film. Simon Pegg did a fantastic job in this film, and more surprising to me was Rosamund Pike. I had only seen her in Jack Reacher and Wrath of the Titans prior to this film, so I had no idea what kind of comedic talent she had. She is one of the many comedic highlights of the film, and played off all the crazy stuff happening in the movie with a kind of charm that I wasn't expecting.

For worst, I may have already kind of given it away, but I really don't feel like this movie is worth building up any suspense for. No, by the way, it's not Jack Reacher, it's Wrath of the Titans.
When Clash of the Titans came out, I hated it. And I wouldn't have even put myself through this movie if it weren't for one of my friends who kept telling me it was way better than the first one, and that I had to see it. Well I saw it, and to my complete surprise, It was even worse than the first film. The actors seemed to be either seriously bored or just phoning it in, and while the special effects were slightly better than the first, it doesn't help. Do yourselves a favour, if any of your friends tell you to watch this movie, don't do it. Watch anything, seriously, anything else. Watch Batman & Robin, for all I care.

No comments:

Post a Comment