"I am one with the force, the force is with me." ~ Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Tuesday 7 October 2014

Best & Worst of Jeremy Renner

Article by Gabe Zia
So this Thanksgiving weekend, we've got a few films coming out, two of which star Avengers. One of them is The Judge starring Robert Downey Jr, and the other is Kill the Messenger starring Jeremy Renner.
Every since he had an oscar nomination back in 2008, Jeremy Renner has had a pretty awesome career, be it playing a supporting role in a Mission impossible movie, to being in a Bourne spin-off, to even being an Avengers, he's had a lot of really good movies. My pick for his best is the film that got him on the map, and earned him that oscar nomination I mentioned before, and that film is The Hurt Locker.
What I like about The Hurt Locker is just how real it is. War movies (these days I mean) often have a kind of "propaganda" feel to them, with a lot of glorification of war and violence. What's so cool about this film is that I never felt that. When I watch The Hurt Locker, I feel the same way about it as I would about, say, Platoon (one of my favorite movies). I'm not saying The Hurt Locker is as good as Platoon, but I'm saying It gave me the same kind of ideas, and both films felt realistic and honest to the audience.

With all of his latest films, one would think I would have plenty of options there for my worst. The big one would be Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters, but to be totally honest, I had fun with that movie, enough fun to not put it as my worst. No, for worst, I had to go back way before his rise to fame, to a film you may have seen called S.W.A.T.
I saw this film a few years ago, I hated it, and now I hate myself for remembering it just for the sake of posting this. I could've lied and said I'd seen Dahmer, but no, I had to remind myself of this crappy movie. The acting in the movie is hammy as hell, the music in the movie is some of the cheesiest music ever, and nothing in this movie works. It doesn't even work as just a fun tv movie, it's that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment