"I am one with the force, the force is with me." ~ Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Tuesday 24 June 2014

Best & Worst of Michael Bay

Article by Gabe Zia

So, for the past few months, I've been doing mainly actors (and one genre). But, today, I'm taking a look at a director named Michael Bay, who's directing this weekends Transformers: Age of Extinction - a film I'm honestly hoping to avoid.
Bay has gained some infamy over the years for his films, especially his extreme taste for explosions and models who can't act. However, even amongst a lot of stinkers, there is one film that shines amongst the rest, and that film is The Rock.
This is absolutely one of my favorites, packing a whole lot of awesome stuffed into one film. The action is great, the setpeices are awesome (without being too ridiculous), and even for a Michael Bay movie this film takes itself fairly seriously. Nicolas Cage and Sean Connery are both awesome in the film and have great chemistry, and Ed Harris is also great in the film, playing a very interesting and even relatable villain.

However, where there is one great film, there's a whole lot of bad films. And Bay has some really, really bad films in his record. I was going to go with Pain & Gain, but even the blatant and insenestive use of a tragic event to make an action film doesn't compare the to craptastic Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
Don't even get me started on these two.
This film sucks. The first one, I'll be honest, I kind of enjoy watching in that guilty pleasure way, and the third one isn't total worthless garbage (but it's pretty damn close), this one is total unforgivable garbage. The acting sucks, the plot is nonesensical, the action sequences are incomprehensible beyond ration comprehension, every single aspect of this movie is total crap. You know how awful this movie is? It makes John Toturro seem like a bad actor. That's enough, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment